0 miles from Lake Shafer
This beautiful 2 bedroom, 1.5-bathroom, vintage lake house is a year-round getaway on “the quiet side” of Monticello, Indiana. The vacation rental house sleeps 8 and features 2 spacious decks, a gas grill, a fire pit, a private dock, and a neighborhood boat ramp nearby. With easy access to Monticello and area attractions, this home provides a comfortable stay for couples, families & friends who are looking for a restful retreat, a romantic getaway, or a home base for family fun and adventure!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Lofted Twin Beds over Full Futon | Living Room: Full Convert-a-Couch Futon
Nestled on the quiet side of Monticello, this charming 2-story lake house is surrounded by lush, serene views of Big Monon Bay, setting the scene for your memorable stay!
For indoor entertainment, turn on the flat-screen cable TV with Roku to watch favorite shows as you kick back on the plush blue couch.
Hungry? Gather the group to grill steaks on the south deck or roast hotdogs over the fire pit. Don’t forget to assemble the s'mores fixings in the fully equipped kitchen for your sweet tooth!
Don’t feel like cooking? Check out The Whistle Stop Cafe - a local favorite just outside the quiet town of Monon ten minutes away. Great food, old railway ambiance, and elevated trains running through the dining rooms to delight kids of all ages.
Another day on the water calls for a restful night's sleep in one of the 2 bedrooms. Adults will enjoy the master bedroom with vaulted ceilings, skylights, and small private deck/patio looking out on the inlet bay.
Meanwhile, kids will love the unique gaming-ready bedroom on the lake level, with cosmic-black nebula floors for an out-of-this-world ambiance. Another flat-screen cable TV swings out under the loft beds in front of the futon, perfect for gaming, so bring your console of choice!
-- THE LOCATION --
Mornings are luxurious as you sip your coffee and enjoy the stillness of the lake. Keep an eye out for ducks and swans that frequent the bay, or turtles sunning themselves on the logs near shore.
Later you might cast a line from the dock to lure smallmouth bass or catfish (don’t forget your fishing license!), or bring your boat to launch from the neighborhood boat ramp, just around the bay.
Monticello, the larger town along the Tippecanoe River, is home to Lake Shafer, with Indiana Beach Amusement and Water Park, and Lake Freeman, home of The Madam Carroll. And of course, opportunities abound in and around Monticello for water-fun, mini-golf, movies on the really BIG screen, and other fun activities!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, outdoor fire pit, spacious deck, private dock (small boats only), 2 flat-screen cable TVs with Roku streaming capabilities, free WiFi, gas grill, central air conditioning, in-unit laundry machines, 3-car driveway parking, and more
- Rent a kayak and non-motorized paddle boat for a $180 per stay fee (watercraft rental includes oars, and adult, youth and child-sized life jackets). An additional $90 deposit (refundable) is due upon arrival--NOTE: Watercraft use is FREE for bookings of 1+ weeks!
- Scenic location on Monon Bay - Easy access to neighborhood boat ramp, less than 15 minutes from Indiana Beach, Lake Shafer, The Whistle Stop Cafe, & Monon Connection Railroad Museum, 45 minutes from Lafayette, Purdue University, and more
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Purdue University Airport LAF (35 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in